Welcome to The Cult Education Institute
An Internet archive of information about cults, destructive cults, controversial groups and movements. The Cult Education Institute (CEI), formerly known as the Ross Institute of New Jersey, is a nonprofit public resource with a vast archive that contains thousands of individual documents. CEI on-line files include news stories, research papers, reports, court documents, book excerpts, personal testimonies and hundreds of links to additional relevant resources. This Internet archive is well-organized for easy access and reference. More
News and Opinion
Who is Dr. & Master Zhi Gang Sha?Dr. & Master Zhi Gang Sha claims, "The purpose of life is to serve. I have committed my life to this purpose. Service is my life mission" (Zhi Gang Sha, Soul Mind Body Science System, Preface xiii, 2014).But Sha's critics say he "uses brainwashing" and bilks people out of money... More
- "Satanic" Day-Care Operator's Conviction Tossed
- Another of killer cult leader’s 47 children sues NYC
- The truest GOP believers? Mormons
- Is Princess Eugenie The Royal Kabbalah Convert?
- Camp David Neighbors Fight Historic Designation to Keep Out Scientology-Backed Center
- Pastor's $65 million jet request raises questions about church finances
- All About the Boston Marathon Bomber's Reclusive Widow Katherine Russell
- Leah Remini on Leaving Scientology: "It's Not Just Something You Get Over"
- Woman sues Duluth diocese, claims priest sexually abused her as a child
- Seattle Archdiocese to pay $1.2M to settle sex-abuse suit