Welcome to The Cult Education Institute
An Internet archive of information about cults, destructive cults, controversial groups and movements. The Cult Education Institute (CEI), formerly known as the Ross Institute of New Jersey, is a nonprofit public resource with a vast archive that contains thousands of individual documents. CEI on-line files include news stories, research papers, reports, court documents, book excerpts, personal testimonies and hundreds of links to additional relevant resources. This Internet archive is well-organized for easy access and reference. More
News and Opinion
South Korean 'cult' JMS recruiting students at US universitiesBy Mallory Miller
Austin, Texas -- Sophomore college student Sabrina Smith was recruited at University of Texas to join a Korean Christian group often called a "cult" under the impression it was just an innocent bible study. Stephanie Hsu, a member of the group, 'Jesus Morning Star,' grabbed Smith's attention... More
- Police warned about 'sovereign citizens'
- Are Ultra-Orthodox Turning Away From Vaccination?
- Rabbi on the run 'a horror tenant'
- Rabbi Pinto Agrees to Plea Bargain Agreement
- Polygamist Israeli cult leader who had 21 wives who bore him dozens of children is convicted of string of sex crimes
- Mormons' close-knit nature, values drive them to GOP
- Social Worker Spreads a Message of Acceptance to Mormons With Gay Children
- Mormon Church Takes Gay Marriage Issue to US Supreme Court
- Five detained in raid over alleged cult links
- Alleged cult leader Lee Man-hee hosts world peace summit in Seoul