Welcome to The Cult Education Institute
An Internet archive of information about cults, destructive cults, controversial groups and movements. The Cult Education Institute (CEI), formerly known as the Ross Institute of New Jersey, is a nonprofit public resource with a vast archive that contains thousands of individual documents. CEI on-line files include news stories, research papers, reports, court documents, book excerpts, personal testimonies and hundreds of links to additional relevant resources. This Internet archive is well-organized for easy access and reference. More
News and Opinion
South Korean 'cult' JMS recruiting students at US universitiesBy Mallory Miller
Austin, Texas -- Sophomore college student Sabrina Smith was recruited at University of Texas to join a Korean Christian group often called a "cult" under the impression it was just an innocent bible study. Stephanie Hsu, a member of the group, 'Jesus Morning Star,' grabbed Smith's attention... More
- We'd like to welcome you to 'enlightenment'
- Vatican Arrests Ex-Archbishop Jozef Wesolowski on Pedophilia Charges
- Leaders Of London Cult That Kept Slaves Are Released
- 'We are always cordial': Westboro Baptists and 'Equality House' forge bizarre neighbourhood truce
- Polygamy police state in Colorado City, Hildale: When dialing 911 brings trouble
- Escaping the Extreme Christian Fundamentalism of "Quiverfull"
- Stalled restoration latest setback for historic hotel
- Oklahoma Judge Rules Attorney Can See Narconon Investigation Report
- Attorneys: State buried report that recommended shutting down Narconon Arrowhead
- Jehovah's Witness sues for £150,000 after church 'snubbed him over fraud claims'